Where can I find the Friends’ newsletter, “Park Notes”?
The newsletter is posted on the News page, along with other announcements. There is also an archive of all Park Notes newsletters linked both here and on the Become a Member page.
Where can I find the Park Volunteer and Public Service Awards?
The Park Volunteer Awards and Public Service Awards are given out at the Friends’ Annual Meeting. Read about it on the News page, along with other announcements. There is also an archive of past awards here.
How do I nominate a Park Volunteer or Public Servant for an Award?
We are asking for your help in honoring people who have worked for parks within Ramsey County. Award winners will be announced at the Friends’ Annual Meeting.
The deadline for nominations is May 31. For more information or to nominate someone, send us a note at email@example.com
Criteria for this award are as follows:
- Effective activity in the protection or development of parks, trails and open space.
- Volunteer activities and commitment to availability, access, promotion, protection or improvement of the quality of parks, trails and open space.
- This work must have taken place within Ramsey County.
The nomination statement is to include:
- Name, address and phone number of nominee.
- Statement of accomplishments within the past 5 years that meet the criteria.
- Name, address and phone number of person(s) or organization making the nomination.
- Organizations or individuals are limited to five nominees.
- People excluded from consideration are professional park and recreation people and members of the Friends Board.