Where can I find the Friends’ newsletter, “Park Notes”?
Where can I find the Park Volunteer and Public Service Awards?
The Park Volunteer Awards and Public Service Awards are given out at the Friends’ Annual Meeting. Afterwards, read about it on the News page, along with other announcements. There is also an archive of past awards here.
How do I nominate a Park Volunteer or Public Servant for an Award? How do I nominate someone for the Park Citizen Award?
We are asking for your help in honoring people who have worked for parks within Ramsey County. The winner of the award will be announced at the Friends’ Annual Meeting.
The deadline for nominations is May 18. E-mail your nomination information but please do not email attachments. For additional information Call 612-703-9044 or email firstname.lastname@example.org US Mailing address is at the bottom of the page.
Anyone is encouraged to submit nominations. Although there is only one Park Citizen for the year, all who are nominated will be honored. Criteria for this award includes:
- Effective activity in the protection, acquisition or development of parks, open and trails and supporting programs.
- Volunteer activities, and commitment to availability, access, promotion, protection or improvement of the quality of parks, trails and open spaces.
- This work must have taken place in Ramsey County or cities within the county.
The nomination statement is to include:
- Name, address and phone number of nominee.
- Statement of accomplishments and activities within the past 5 years that meet the criteria.
- Name, address and phone number of person(s) or organization making the nomination.
- Organizations or individuals are limited to five nominees.
- People excluded from consideration are professional park and recreation people and members of the Friends Board.
Nominations can be mailed to:
Friends of the Parks and Trails of St. Paul and Ramsey County
1660 Laurel Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55104
The deadline for nominations is May 18. Please do not send emails with attachments. For additional information Call 612-703-9044 or email email@example.com